Monday, May 14, 2018

14 May 2018: Loss #1 - 44M Raptor

So I just incurred my first loss, a dual PVP/hacking Raptor. I was baited into attacking a Helios at a relic site in PF-346, a gateway system between high sec and null. Alas, the Helios was tackle-fitted. As my Raptor floated helplessly, a Harpy warped in and finished me off.




Lesson learned:

1. Carry long-range ammo. All I had was void. I nearly had the Helios in structure and might've destroyed him if I had something longer-range to shoot with.

2. Drop the PVE module (relic analyser) and replace with something combat-related. In my case, I think I would've benefited from a Burst Jammer for those GTFO moments. 

3. Fly cheaper. Interceptors are great in null, but for every one that blows up, I could've flown 10 Atrons. 

4. Maybe stick to low sec. There are no need for interceptors in low sec. 

Initial Loss: -52M
Insurance: +8M
Final Loss: -44M

Running total: +17M

No comments:

Post a Comment